I know it's been weeks since I put up an updated belly pic, but I really wasn't seeing much of a difference lately and didn't want to bore you all with pictures that all looked the same. I've also been working really hard the last few weeks not just at my job but at doing everything I can to avoid the flu/respiratory illnesses that have been hitting almost everyone at my work and keeping them at home sick. So far, so good (knock on wood), other than a small cough, drainage, and a slightly sore throat which is all pretty much gone now.
 |
| 28 weeks 1 day |
 |
28 weeks 1 day
|
I did actually take pictures at 27 weeks but just never got around to writing up a post.
 |
| 27 weeks |
 |
| 27 weeks |
Bill and I went for Hank's monthly appointment last week. He's measuring right at 27 weeks (or at least my uterus is) and his heart rate was 157 bpm. I also had the pleasure of doing my 1 hour glucose test. I must say though that drinking the bottle of orange sugary stuff was actually a relief for me after fasting for 3 hours in the middle of the day. I know 3 hours doesn't sound like a long time to go without eating or drinking but let me clarify - I ate a bowl of oatmeal and fruit around 8 AM; drank some water throughout the morning, and then had a small piece of candy around 10:30 AM, anticipating that I would eat lunch immediately following my appointment at 11 AM. Then at my appointment I was told that I had 1 week to get my glucose test done which just didn't work well with my work schedule. Therefore, I needed to get it over with that afternoon. Hopefully, that all comes back fine because I heard there is a 4-hour glucose test and spending 4 hours over at the hospital just sounds miserable.
I also started doing Hank's kick counts this week. Basically, he needs to get 10 kicks/movements in during a 2 hour period, 2 times a day. He's been doing fine so far. Do I actually count all the time? Not really, but he moves plenty especially after I get home from work. Below is evidence of his movement - he preferred the right side of my belly that morning.
 |
| Lopsided belly |
I was kind of hoping that we would be almost done with Hank's room at this point so I could show off some pictures. But for now, I'll give you a peak at the crib. My goal is to have the room completely finished by the second week of April after we pick up my glider from Santa Clarita during the first week of April.
And to finish off my rambling post, I'll leave you with some pictures of our puppy dogs. I bought a new digital camera (Panasonic Lumix) a few weeks ago that I really like so far. I've been using the dogs to test all the settings.
 |
| Mom, I need a hair cut |
 |
| I missed you, Dad |
 |
| Rough day |
Look at that belly!! LOVE IT! Has your belly button popped? You are adorable Mindy! Hope you are feeling good! When is your due date?
ReplyDelete