Sunday, March 13, 2011

31 Weeks!

Hank's due date is exactly 2 months from today. We had our weekly appointment this past Thursday, and apparently my blood pressure was borderline high so for the first time we have to go back in 2 weeks instead of 4 weeks. I have my explanations for why it was little high for me, but I'm not going to argue because it actually makes me feel better to go back in 2 weeks since I know many doctors in the civilian world have you go every 2 weeks once you reach the 3rd trimester. My explanation is that I was a little stressed anyway because I thought the appointment was at 9:40 when it was actually at 9:30. I've always hated being late for appointment type stuff, but even more so after completing my internships in outpatient settings where late arrivals can really throw off your day. Anyway, they called me back for the weight, vital sign, and stupid question part almost immediately after I had left Bill in the parking lot and had rushed in the building to check in. I even let Bill park in the expectant mother parking spot for the first time ever just to speed up the process. So the first blood pressure was 136/82. The second was 117/76. Since the first was borderline, I guess I am now being monitored for preeclampsia. And don't get me started on the fact that they only use the vital sign machine on wheels because every time I report a high or low blood pressure to a nurse at the nursing home, I get asked whether I took it manually or with the machine because the machine is not as accurate (I haven't actually researched it so any nurses out there feel free to enlighten me).

Enough on that, and I'll keep you posted. I don't have any belly pics for you this week, but I just couldn't leave you without any pictures at all. So I decided to leave you with a few of Hank's new things.

This is the jogging stroller that I'm very excited about. We also purchased the infant seat adapter so we can use it for walks until he's big enough/old enough to sit in the seat.

This is the Fisher Price Snug-a-bunny swing. This is the updated version of their lamb swing. I went with this one because you can plug it into the wall or use batteries and I just think it is adorable.

Bill picked the one on the left, and I picked the one on the right. They were having a very good sale at Gap Outlet :)

My cousin Meredith gave us the one on the left, and I didn't want Bill to feel left out so I picked up the Army one at a store on post.

2 comments:

  1. Genius that they updated the swing so it can plug in to the wall!! You are getting so close. I am so excited to see what Baby Hank looks like. Hugs to you and Bill :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli and I were looking at the pics and update. Don't worry about the BP - you will be FINE! Just relax as much as possible.

    Eli likes the pictures and thinks Hank will like the new stuff. But he wanted to write a note to Hank so I've just typed while he left his message ...

    TO HANK FROM ELI ...
    Hi Hank. When you grow up, I will tell you about my swimming lesson. But, you will need to be berry good. Where is your picture? My hope you get a balloon. When you grow up, you can also watch basketball with us, Hank, but then you will need to go home. When you grow up, do not climb the trees. If you do, I will say, "You get down off of there, Hank." I love you, Hank, and good-bye.

    ReplyDelete