Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh baby...

After having my mom in town to help out for 2 weeks and then Bill being on paternity leave for 10 days after that, Hank and I made it through our first week alone. On Friday night and last night, we survived our first overnights since Bill had to spend these nights out in the field, a.k.a "the box." I'm pretty sure that's short for sandbox. Our days have been dictated by Hank's eating and sleeping schedule which changes every day. We do venture out of the house to pick up groceries and such, but there really isn't much on post so we spend most of our time at the house. Last week, I finally starting feeling up to taking walks around the neighborhood so we take a late afternoon walk every day now. We also attend our weekly breast feeding support group meeting. I mainly go to see how much Hank weighs to reassure myself that he is actually getting enough to eat - and by golly he sure is - he gained 11 oz. in 1 week! Last week my baby weighed 9 lbs 14 oz! I expect him to be over the 10 lb mark at tomorrow's meeting. Enjoy the pictures!
"Look, Daddy. I already have the military look going on."


Smiling in his sleep :)



"Mommy! I can't believe you're putting this picture on the blog!"




He loves looking at the light coming in through the windows during the day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mindy He is adorable!!! Way to go on the breastfeeding. Isn't it wonderful?! It is tough, but so so so worth it. Keagan will be a year next week...we have made it this far and will be weaned by his first birthday! :) So proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete