Saturday, November 5, 2011

2,185 miles!

It seems like I agonized about this road trip for months. I've heard a lot of parents say that their children absolutely loved being in the carseat. Hank has never really enjoyed the carseat that much. I always blamed it on the fact that we had to drive so far to get anywhere out in California. I spent many car trips riding in the back seat with him. So I felt incredibly guilty every time I thought about him having to be in the carseat for over 2,000 miles. Thankfully, my mom was able to take time off from work and make the trip with us. Turns out, I worry too much. Hank was such a trooper. Of course, he got very tired of the carseat (What baby wouldn't?!), but he napped a lot, and we were able to make it to Indiana in 3 days including a stop at Fort Leonardwood in Missouri to visit some friends.

Hanging out in the hotel after a long day of driving.

One of many naps taken on the trip.

Aunt Becky met us for a pit-stop in Terre Haute - I think she wanted bragging rights as one of the first to meet Hank :)

No comments:

Post a Comment