Monday, January 2, 2012

A fresh start...

Now that I am all caught up, my blog can start fresh for the new year. You may have noticed that we didn't go anywhere for Christmas this year like we have the past two years when we traveled to both Indiana and Michigan to see our families. After all the traveling that we did back in August, we just didn't have the energy for it this Christmas with a 7-month old in tow. Not to mention that I have hardly any vacation time since I just started my job at the end of September. We also wanted to start our own Christmas traditions in our own home. We did find the time to take a short trip to Houston over New Year's weekend. It was definitely nice to get away and also nice to do what I call "real" shopping. Once again, we've ended up living an hour away from the closest mall. With only a Walmart, small JCPenney, and a number of dollar stores, I have been aching for the chance to do some "real" shopping - and Houston definitely gave me that. We spent our first afternoon at the outlets - Hank definitely scored here with new clothes from Carters and his first pair of shoes from Stride Rite. Now that he's pulling up the daycare requires him to wear shoes. We also visited the Galleria Mall - the 4th largest mall in America, Pottery Barn Kids, a camera store - Mommy got a new lens for Christmas, Babies R Us, Target, and the Container Store!! 

I think that Hank really enjoyed staying in the hotel and having a new place to explore. Here are a few pictures of Hank taken with my new lens. I definitely don't have this lens down yet. I'm actually still figuring out my camera. One of my goals or resolutions for this new year is to learn to use my camera more proficiently.






Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment