Mommy, Daddy, and Hank had our monthly appointment on Thursday. Hank's heart rate was strong at 157 beats per minute, and my uterus (I think that's what she was measuring) measured at 23 weeks so we're right on target. I'm also very excited because we actually get to see the same doctor next month after seeing 4 different doctors for our first 4 appointments. We're not sure the second doctor was even an OB-GYN - we're pretty sure he works in the family medicine clinic. He had a very hard time working the doppler machine. I thought I would share the screening process that I go through at every appointment because I'm pretty sure this isn't how it goes in the civilian world:
A. I get called back to a little room and Bill is not allowed to come with me.
B. They take my heart rate, blood pressure, and temperature (this part is normal)
C. I get asked a series of questions:
1. Do you feel safe at home?
2. Do you feel like doing harm to yourself or others?
3. Have you stopped taking pleasure in activities that you used to enjoy?
There are a few other questions, but I can't recall them right now. I just feel bad for the technician that has to ask these to every patient at every appointment. I also have to make sure that I hear the question correctly because if I say "no" to question #1 then I'm pretty sure they bring the MPs (military police) into the doctor's office and Bill might be going out in handcuffs.
Now for the picture that you've all been waiting for - 23 weeks 2 days:
I know that I should probably be taking these pictures in the same outfit every week so that it's easier to tell the difference. However, for those of you who know me pretty well and have lived in close quarters with me, you know how difficult it would be for me to find the same outfit for 20 weeks straight. By the way, I got called "pudgie" at work today. (sigh) I actually thought I was going to make it a whole week without a work comment. And don't worry, I really don't think that I'm pudgie. I'm perfectly satisifed with the approximately 15-20 pounds that I've gained so far. :)
Girl you look AMAZING!!! And I think you look all-baby! Adorable... I love love love that you have started a blog! I warned you, I am a blog-stalker! FB has taken a huge backseat in my life, but blogs...well, they live on!
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny! I love the part about the questions you get! You look so cute! Love ya, girl!
ReplyDeleteP.S. You are NOT pudgie! Not a bit!
ReplyDelete