Hank decided that he would be fashionably late at one day past his due date. My water broke at 1:15 am, and since I wasn't feeling any contractions yet I let Bill take a quick shower before we headed to the hospital. After 19 hours of labor (8 hours without the epidural and 11 hours with the epidural) with 1.5 hours of pushing, Henry Taylor Ferguson arrived at 9 pm on May 14th, 2011. He weighed a whopping 8 lbs 7 ounces and measured 20.9 inches. We ended up staying in the hospital from Saturday the 14th through Tuesday the 17th because silly Mommy ended up having a fever throughout the labor and delivery process so Hank had to receive IV antibiotics for 48 hours as a precaution and Mommy, too. During his first week, we made numerous trips to the doctor to have his bilirubin checked and thankfully after the third check his bilirubin levels were within an ok range. At his 2 week appointment, he weighed 8 lb. 13 oz. This was a huge relief to Mommy because it meant that we were doing a good job with the breast feeding. My mom stayed with us for almost 2 weeks which was a HUGE help. I was able to get some much needed rest with her here helping out with Hank. Enjoy the pictures of our little one! Now that I feel more like myself again, I'll try to make the blog posts more frequent, especially while I'm on maternity leave - but no promises! :)
Congrats Mindy! Hank is absolutely precious :)
ReplyDelete