We just got back from our doctor appointment. I am still 1 cm dilated, but I am now 75% effaced. I let the doctor strip my membranes because I am feeling almost desparate at this point because I'm feeling no action in the contraction department. I have been reassured that stripping the membranes is perfectly safe for baby and just uncomfortable for mom. And yes, in case you're wondering, it was pretty uncomfortable while it was being done. Hank's heartbeat is going strong, and he's measuring at 40 weeks. Good news is we now have an end date in sight. If Hank doesn't decide to come on his own before then, I will be induced on May 20th. It's nice to have a final date set but it seems so far away. Bill keeps telling me to be patient and not rush things. I'm trying to take his advice but it's not like he knows what it feels like to be 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant!
That's enough of my whining for now. Here's your traffic school lesson for today (actually it was my lesson but I wanted to share it with you). I learned that scientific studies have shown that congested traffic conditions can heighten stress levels in drivers. One of the tips for keeping your stress levels under control includes planning your route and schedule ahead of time including considering an alternate route. Now I don't know how many of you reading this have been out to Fort Irwin, but there is no alternate route!! There is one road taking you in and out of Fort Irwin that goes for about 40 miles to the next town with no place to stop at along the way. So I guess considering an alternate route does not work for everyone, Mr. Traffic School. I'm taking this chance to share with you a video. This is a commercial that was shot on Fort Irwin Road about 2 months ago. They closed the road down for periods of time to complete the filming which lead to a lot of unhappy people. I have a friend who had to get a police escort so she could get her son to a pre-surgical appointment on time. Scary thing is that there are some people who drive very similar to this on this road, just not in a Lamborghini.
No comments:
Post a Comment