That first year absolutely flew by. It's hard to believe that at this time last year I was spending my days learning how to take care of a newborn baby. Now I spend my days trying to figure out how I'm going to get this 1-year old, headstrong boy to obey his parents! My oh my, how so much changes in a year!!
We had Hank's 1-year pictures taken the weekend before his birthday. I was lucky enough to find an awesome photographer, who is also an Army wife. The pictures were everything that I had hoped for and captured so much of Hank's personality. Here are a few of our favorites.
We didn't really have an official party for Hank's birthday. Go ahead, call me a slacker. I went to Colorado Springs for about 5 days in early May for a work trip (I know, poor me!!) and just couldn't find the time to organize a party once I got back. Since his birthday was on a Monday and I never know what time his daddy is going to make it home on work nights, Hank opened his presents on Mother's Day.
First up, Mega Blocks!!
Next up, Cozy Coupe!!
And finally, drumrolll please...the water table!! This child loves water. He screams every night when I take him out of the bathtub.
Hank finally got to eat his birthday cake the weekend after his birthday. I doctored a cake mix using a link that I found on Pinterest and made cupcakes. I know they don't look very exciting, but they did taste pretty good. I'm saving my creativity for next year!!
Happy birthday, Hank!!









WOW. Time really does fly! He is an adorable child and you captured his personality wonderfully! I want to hold him!! Hard to believe you are a mom of a toddler..I am sure you are having the same feelings! :) HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, HANK!!
ReplyDelete